Bringing Tech & Creative Space
to the Northside
This project will rejuvenate the multi-use property at 506-508 W. North Avenue into a modern living and creative space. Bringing new life and opportunity to this historic building.
- Spring 2016 -
The renovation plan for the property at 506-508 W. North Ave. consists of two phases. Phase 1 will focus on the restoration of the exterior of the property to meet all historic preservation standards. It will also be focused on the creation of new work space in the warehouse portion of the building. Phase 2 will renovate the residential side of the property into three modern apartments with great views of West Park. Phase 1 will begin in October of 2015, Phase 2, shortly after. The completion of phase 1 is expected to be late spring of 2016.
Savage Visual Effects
Savage Visual Effects is a nationally recognized, visual effects firm based in Pittsburgh. Founder, CMU grad and Mexican War Streets resident, James Pastorius, created Savage in 2007 and has been awarded the Lead VFX Supervisor role on projects such as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, House of Cards and Gone Girl. James is very active behind the scenes of feature films that are brought to Pittsburgh and is thrilled to make the Mexican War Streets part of this exciting venture! www.savagevisualeffects.com
Renovated. Restored. Creative. Community Focused.
James Pastorius moved to the Mexican War Streets last spring and would like to use this property as his home and as a home for his small business. In addition, James wants to create a space that will engage the community and bring life to the property.
- A total restoration of the exterior of the property to comply with all historic preservation standards.
- The 2nd floor of the Warehouse space will be converted into a creative workspace for Savage VFX.
- A large screening room.
- A vibrant studio and gallery for local artists and photographers.
- The 1st floor of property (5000sf) will be renovated to accommodate a Commerical/Retail tenant(s) (TBD) that will benefit the local community.
- A roof garden that will not only provide another green space in the neighborhood, but serve as another community garden.
- The residential space will be converted into 3 modern and sustainable apartments.
- 14 parking spaces will be added on-site to accommodate renovations. As well as bike racks and storage.
- Six parking spaces for Savage Visual Effects (3 employees total).
- At least four parking spaces for the 3 residential apartments.
- Additional parking for the 1st floor Commercial/Retail tenant.